City of Milwaukee 457 Deferred Compensation Plan

Frequently Asked Questions

What distribution options do I have when I leave employment?

If you separate from service, you can leave your entire account balance in the Plan until you are required to take minimum distributions at age 72. If you do want to withdraw some money, you have the following distribution methods or options:

  1. Lump-sum Distribution,
  2. Partial Lump Sum,
  3. Installment Payments (specified number of payments or specific dollar amount)
  4. Required Minimum Distributions
  5. Direct Rollover
  6. Convert Pre-tax Dollars into Roth After-tax Dollars
  7. Combination of the above

For more information regarding the distribution options in the Plan, please review the Plan Highlights section of this website.