City of Milwaukee 457 Deferred Compensation Plan

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I’m getting divorced?

If you are getting divorced, you will have to apply for a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO). A QDRO establishes your spouse’s legal right to receive a percentage of your City of Milwaukee Deferred Compensation Plan benefits, in accordance with the terms of your divorce agreement, the applicable Plan’s rules, and legal guidelines. To get more information about the QDRO process, please call the Information Line at 844-360-MDCP (844-360-6327) or visit the QDRO Center in the Education and Tools Section of the website.